Friday, October 26, 2007

A Mighty Wind

This has been on the list of movies I need to watch forever and can finally be checked off.

I liked it! It's a mockumentary about various 60s folk singers coming together for a concert in NYC in honor of their late manager. Christopher Guest is brilliant with his work. There is a general plan and outline for the movie and what to accomplish in the various scenes but there is no script, no direct dialogue. It relies on the actors being in character to behave and say what their character would do. I was really impressed. Some of the stuff is SO funny! Eugene Levy...oh...my...gosh, so funny. Some of the humor is sublte but it's there and awesome if you catch it. Although as I said I did like it, I believe it is a film that grows in appreciation and enjoyment each time you watch it. So I look forward to watching it again to enjoy it even more.

Bottom-line: Very quotable and funny. Go watch it!

No comments: