Tuesday, February 19, 2008

About a Boy

I bought this film for Sarah as part of birthday gift last July. For whatever reason this was the first time that we've ever watched it together. It was a perfect close to a relaxing President's day.

Review: It's such a great film. I really love Hugh Grant. I was also impressed with the acting of Nicholas Hoult, who played Marcus. He did a really great job. It's a great story of a man who has never had a girlfriend for longer than two months and has never had a job. He is self-described as "blank." Through his friendship with a 12-year-old boy he learns how to grow up. It has a good blend of humor throughout the film while covering the topic of self-identity. I also really love Will's house.

Bottom-line: It's a good film that I would definitely recommend.

No comments: