Monday, February 25, 2008

Singin' In The Rain

This movie was on my list for AFI 100 movies to watch over Thanksgiving but I didn't get to it. Yesterday after our Southern Day meal, we sat to watch this film with our window open hearing the rain come down. Timely, I say yes.

Review: So GOOD! I really love it, I can't believe I've gone this long in life without seeing it. Gene Kelly what a fox, he's handsome and he can dance. Lethal combination, let me tell you. Plus Donald O'Connor, what talent! He's awesome, the "Make Em' Laugh" scene fantastic. But I think the best dance scene is "Moses Supposes." Wowza, so awesome. Debbie Reynolds also does a great job in the film.

While watching this I kept thinking you just don't see actors that have so much talent in so many areas. Gene Kelly can sing, dance and act. You just don't see that so much in Hollywood anymore. What a stunning film.

Bottom-line: Don't make the same mistake that I did of waiting over 20 years to see this film. Stop! Drop your Cheerios or whatever you may be holding and go obtain a copy!

1 comment:

Jamie said...

YES! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It was great revisiting a favorite of mine. Thanks for giving me a reason to watch such a fantastic film.