Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cold Mountain

Let me tell you a tale. My freshmen year Sarah and I walked at least a couple miles to Cougar Video to rent some edited Flicks. We excitedly came home with "Cold Mountain" and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." We popped them into my computer and both DVDs skipped so badly both films were completely unwatchable. Since that day I have been longing to find a edited copy of both of these films. Today I was able to check off one of those films off of my list. And I am glad.

Review: Very well done film. I can see why it got so many awards when it was released. All the actors give a stunning performance. The cinematography and lighting was very impressive. The story, I'm sure rings familiar for many of the time. It was a very great film.

Bottom-line: I would recommend watching it if you can find an edited version, it's definitely worth it.

No comments: