Saturday, February 23, 2008

When Harry Met Sally

This is the week for watching edited films I've wanted to see for ages. After going to a Laugh Out Loud show came home to find Jamie watching the last little bits of the film. It then began to repeat and we decided Bryce, Jamie, Sarah and I would watch it! Yea!

Review: Good, good chick flick. I can see why it's so well known. I love all the quick vignettes of the different couples as to how they met, fell in love, etc. and the friendship that they have. Although I don't think anyone is going to dispute me on the fact that Meg Ryan is a type actress who does romantic comedies. But in this one she is stronger, than I think I've ever seen her. Do you feel this is her strongest character? Am I forgetting one? Billy Crystal, I haven't seen him in a film since I last watched "The Princess Bride." He did a good job and had some really great lines. Oh, and I cannot forget the music. God Bless Harry Connick Jr. I really believe it adds a a timelessness element to the film.

Bottom-line: Totally worth watching, may you have the good fortune of finding it on TV or an edited copy. I really enjoyed it.

No comments: