Sunday, November 25, 2007

August Rush

On Friday, I went to see this at Provo Towne Center with Dani, a friend of mine from back home who was also here in Provo for Thanksgiving.

Review: I really liked it. I'm not going to say that it's a spectacle. It is not a movie that I will be giddy to share with my children, but it was a good movie. I liked the music, it was really enjoyable. I've always thought that music was an essential element in life and in this movie music is what brought Keri Russell's character and Jonathan Rhys Meyers' character together and its what brings them and their son back together 11 years later. Some of the cinematography is great. I did like the opening sequence, but on the whole the beginning was a tad slow, but it wasn't too bad. The final rhapsody was fantastic! This is a good film that families can see without having to go to an animated film (nothing against animated) What I'm saying is there are few movies out there that a family can see without it being animated. Thankfully there are some out there still.

Bottom-line: I would see it. I'm not saying you need to pay full price and see it ASAP. But it's definitely worth seeing at the dollar theatre or renting it.

No comments: