Sunday, November 18, 2007

Sliding Doors

Oh, Sliding Doors. I actually watched this film on Nov. 10th, I've just been busy. Sarah and I have watched this movie many, many times together. At one point it was practically on a monthly basis.

Review: The basic jist of the film is we get to watch Gwyneth Paltrow's character live two separate lives. One where she catches the train and comes home to her boyfriend with another woman. The other where she misses the train and is mugged. The audience gets to watch the two separate lives evolve in parallel.

One reason I like this movie is Paltrow's character is in public relations. Also, the relationship between Paltrow's character and her best friend is fun. It's easy for Sarah and I to see parallels, when we both emulate both of the characters. It's set in England. Although, I'd say it's a more drama/romance film, there are some hilarious lines. Finally, although the premise of the movie isn't plausible, the characters, emotions and situations are real.

Bottom-line: I realize that some of the reasons I like the film, may not apply to everyone. But it's interesting to see the different lives Paltrow's character leads just because of catching/missing the train. It's fun to think about in our own lives, (but don't do it for too long, you could go crazy). I recommend it but would understand if you don't love it as much as I do.

No comments: