Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Well here's #2 for this week of AFI 100 movies. I watched this one with Bryce on his big TV.

Review: The director knew how to tell a story through film. Some of the scenes were really beautifully shot and just the scenery was really good. The friendship and the bond between Butch and Sundance is evident. Occasionally, I felt it was a little slow but I attribute that more to Bryce and I watching it during a peak nap time. The lighting was artfully done, but sometimes I was frustrated because it was so dark I couldn't really tell what was going on.

On a side-note, Bryce and I watched an interview with Paul Newman in 1994 about the film and he said something that proves Hollywood isn't what it used to be. He said something along the lines of whomever they got to act the movie it would have gone over about the same, because of George the Director. I just don't think you would see that in today's Hollywood.

Bottom-line: Good movie, not my favorite but definitely worth watching. Redford and Newman demonstrate their great chemistry, which would follow in The Sting. Plus who can deny watching such handsome men as Newman and Redford? Not I.

No comments: