Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The Bourne Ultimatum

I watched this movie with my dad. He said we were getting "Bourned." Oh, Dad you're great.

Review: I really loved it. I would say it's the best of the series. It was great because as far as I can remember all of my questions were answered. I was also proud of myself because after "Bourne Supremacy" I thought there might be something more to Nikki.

I loved how the script and the movie in general treated the audience as intelligent viewers. They were excellent at making things known to the audience without hitting the audience on the side of the head with two-by-fours of information.

I also love the score. I've been noticing and appreciating the score in films now and I've really enjoyed hearing and I can barely hold myself back from singing/vocalizing along with the closing credits.

Bottom-line: If you haven't seen any of the Bourne movies don't skip the first two to watch this one. Look forward to the last one as you enjoy the first two.

1 comment:

Sarah T. said...

So I just watched this movie again for the second time. Again, I was impressed with the score done by John Powell. Also the lighting was fantastic. When Bourne is in the training room, the lighting on his face demonstrates the conflict and agony he is experiencing. Great film.